Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Grandpa

Thanks to everyone who has called/emailed/texted me today. My Grandpa Clarence W. Strandberg passed away quickly early this morning at the age of 90 after a two week illness. It was certainly his time to go, but of course it still comes as a shock to the rest of us. The funeral will be on Monday morning at 11:00 in New Richmond, and he will be buried at 2:00 at the Hill Side cemetery in Minneapolis. For more information on arrangements, click here.

I will write more later, but it makes me so happy that he was able to be fully present at our wedding just 26 days ago. I know in my heart he was holding on for it, and had a wonderful time with all the family that was present.


His official portrait for this week.


Riding around in my "New" Volvo with Grandpa



One of my favorite portraits of him.

2 comments:

Alliebeads said...

You and Megan - and the whole family - are in my heart today as I take in this news. I am so grateful I was able to see you grandpa, talk with him and touch him while at your wedding. May you all be a comfort to each other as you celebrate his life.

Jac

CrowQueen said...

my sympathies to you and your family. we're thinking of you here in Seattle...