Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

I have been blown away by watching todays inaugural coverage. The Library threw a nice party and we watched the swearing in on the big TV and had snacks, and then I had on streaming coverage all day on my computer. Obama speech was great not just because of the words, but because he seems so aware of when and where he is saying them. He wasn't aiming for the history books, rather he had a serious message that he needed to tell directly to the American public, and the world. Time to step up, time to get serious.

I feel very lucky today, to have been able to hear him speak twice, and shake his hand once. I never blogged this, but here is the video from my cell phone of him coming down the line. I said something silly like "congratulations, thanks for coming" which doesn't make sense since it was last February, but thats ok. Perhaps it was just a few months premature!



So, amazing day, and I hope this is just the start of a string of amazing days. Its not just change, it is something happening when for so long, nothing has happened. Noting has changed.

Not any more, we have arrived!

2 comments:

Bjorn Watland said...

It's been over 24 hours, and I still don't have my pony that farts rainbows.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a topic at camp Quest.