Monday, April 16, 2007

Blog slacker

Chris pointed out yesterday that I've been lax in my blogging lately, so here I am!

Last week ended with a very long Friday. I woke up at 2:15 AM to be to school by 3 for my foal duty shift. One of my classmates and I spent about 4 1/2 hours with our little foal friend. The foal came in because it seemed to be a bit of a dummy foal, and wasn't nursing or walking yet. She looked better by the time we arrived, but still couldn't get up on her own, so we spent our time helping her stand, then lie back down, plus taking temperature/pulse/respiration rate and trying not to get killed by Momma. We cheered Baby on through her first poop (I've never been so excited to see poo!), and every time she peed or nursed or pretty much did anything. It was a fun morning. After that, it was a full day of classes, then work, the down to Northfield for the weekend.

The Pooh Bear is still down in Northfield having a little dad-time, and my room is unusually quiet. Gypsy the cat is sleeping on my bed again, which she never does when Winnie is prowling, so that's nice. Only 15 more days until Winnie no longer has to be a commuter dog!

Not too much else to say right now. I feel like I should write something about the shootings in Virginia, but I'm feeling pretty blank about it still. Another tragedy at a place that should be safe. We did receive a note that none of our fellow VA vet students were involved, which we were thankful to hear, but that doesn't make the whole situation any better. Definitely keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: