Thursday, February 08, 2007

Laptop!!!

Woo hoo! A mere two days after ordering it, my new black Macbook has arrived. It is a beautiful thing. No sticky keys from that unfortunate Coke-spillage incident, and no bruised screen from trying to rub off a smudge a little too hard. I will take a picture of it as soon as I can, but for now, enjoy the first pictures it has taken of us :)

On an unrelated note, Winnie Bear had her first really good day in about 2 1/2 weeks (since I first posted about starting her on anxiety meds). It's like suddenly, whoever flipped that anxiety switch on decided to flip it off today. I got home from school this afternoon and she was excited to see me, but not panicky-excited like she has been. She asked nicely to play, she was hyper-crazy outside like usual, and climbed up in my bed for a nap instead of slinking away to her crate to sleep alone. We did bring her to the vet to have some bloodwork done, just in case. She's not showing symptoms of anything else, but since anxiety can be medically related (especially to thyroid problems), I wanted to be on the safe side. This good day may be isolated, or it may be the start of an upswing for her, but either way I am so happy to see the corgi girl I know, finally free of whatever dark cloud has been over her for the past couple of weeks.

No comments: