Sunday, April 18, 2010

Suddenly at the end

It feels like yesterday that I was getting my white coat and heading into clinics for the first time, but suddenly the new fourth year class is starting and I'm just about to begin my final rotation. I get to leave the Teaching Hospital and head next door to the Raptor Center for my Companion Birds rotation. Companion Birds means lots of hands-on learning about avian restraint, bandaging, fracture fixation, and (for some reason) a morning of birdwatching (hey, I'm not complaining).

I've been trying to come up with a blog post that sums up my fourth year, or vet school in general, or all the emotions I have surrounding my upcoming graduation, but nothing comes out sounding right. It's one big mixture of exhaustion, anxiety, and excitement, and I feel like this year has flown by so fast that I've hardly had time to digest it all. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy my remaining time with my classmates and appreciate lovely things like spring, the adorable antics of Winnie and Taiko, and my cute new (er, used) Honda Fit. Only two weeks to go, can you believe it?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know it doesn't seem like it but these last four years have gone by so fast - at least for us. I am so proud of you. You are the joy in my life. Whenever I am sad or disappointed I think about all you have accomplished since reading Kittens Are Like That and you fell in love with animals. You especially enjoyed the picture of the cat being pulled out of the
sink soaking wet and the picture of the blue jays chasing the cat away. Anyway, see you at graduation. Love, Mom