Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summah time

It's been 25 days since second year ended, and the closest I've gotten to thinking about school was pondering my shiny new third year mailbox in the Pomeroy Center as I biked past it on the way to the farmer's market this morning. Our class rep was ambitious enough to convince our clinical pathology professor to send out summer review problems, which I haven't even opened... And I keep meaning to flip through some flashcards to keep my brain engaged, but haven't gotten around to that either.

It's fantastic!

Instead, I am getting some much-needed practice in the clinic learning practical skills, like how to restrain dogs, how to talk to clients, and how to take radiographs. Not that they don't go over those things in school, but you really can't learn it all without getting the chance to do it on a regular basis. Hopefully getting more confident with the basics will help me out when I reach clinics in school- it might be easier to answer questions that clinicians fire at me when I'm not busy wondering something stupid like, "Wait, is a 25 gauge needle bigger or smaller than a 20 gauge?"

In other news, Chris and I both got the entire first week of July off, so we get to head up north for our 5 year anniversary, a little camping, and hopefully more successful fishing than we had at the end of May!

No comments: