Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Success!

Wahoo! We successfully spayed Malibu (who I decided looks more like a Panda than a Malibu) today!

She was a bit of a challenge, since she's so little, and she really scared us by getting pale during the surgery over and over. Even the anesthesiologists couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, except that she's a little girl. She lost a bit of blood, but overall the surgery itself was pretty uneventful. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's the day in photo form...

"I don't think I trust you guys..."

Getting nervous before surgery (both me and Malibu)

Look, a uterus! I am smiling, you just can't tell...

Check out those lovely cruciate sutures

Warming up under a heat lamp after surgery

Malibu recovering

1 comment:

Shelvis said...

That's fantastic. Great job!