Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Allergy test

Wish me luck, everyone- today I head to the doctor for an allergy test to try and figure out why my lungs occasionally decide to close up and I get wheezy. It's pretty easy to control with an albuterol inhaler, but it can be really annoying (and a little scary) when it wakes me up in the middle of the night. The most pressing matter is, what if it's triggered by something animal-related? It might be a bit of "med-student-itis" (the condition in which a medical/veterinary student diagnosis himself with whatever he happens to be studying at the time), but I've heard enough stories about vets who ignore their allergies as mere inconveniences, only to be taken to the ER one day after cat dander throws them into anaphylactic shock.

So, keep your fingers crossed that it's just something environmental! At this point, there's not a lot I can do about limiting my exposure to most animal allergens......

No comments: