Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Zoooooo class!

On Sunday when I met with some friends to study anatomy, one of them asked if I'd heard whether I got accepted into Special Topics in Zoo Animal Medicine, because she got an acceptance email on Saturday. I was sad because I hadn't heard anything, which made me think that I hadn't gotten in... I emailed the professor just to be sure, asking if we weren't accepted if we hadn't heard anything from her yet, and I got this reply:

"In your case, it means that I accidentally left your name off of the list."

D'oh! This is actually the second time this professor has left me off a class list (something about being a W, I guess?). Oh well. The good news is that I'm in the class, the bad news is that I don't know what group I'm in get. There are 4: hoofstock (zebras, giraffes, etc), primates, marine critters (polar bears, sea lions, penguins, puffins), and the new Tropical Encounters exhibit (birds, a sloth, fish, reptiles, stingrays). I'm rooting for Tropical Encounters.......... Cross your fingers!

So here's next semester's schedule:
-Professional Skills II
-Overview of Animal Populations !!
-Organology
-Veterinary Neurobiology
-Veterinary Physiology
-Veterinary Phramacology
-Host Defenses
-Infectious Agents: Virology
-Veterinary Genetics
-Clinical Skills II
-Behavior Core
-Special Topics in Zoo Animal Medicine

... and potentially a seminar course about large North American mammals through the conservation biology grad program.

That would make a whopping 27 credits! That's 9 more than last semester, but 5 less than fall semester second year.

Oh, and I applied for a job, taking care of 40 aquariums and 2 anole tanks for an animal behavior class. Weeeee! Ironically, I'll be doing basically what I did at Petco, but only the fun parts, and making more than I ever did there. I hope I get it! I interview on Thursday...

There are only 8 days of classes left! Three finals, one quiz, one project. Then I'm 1/8th of the way to being a vet!

No comments: