Friday, December 15, 2006

This Seemed Like a Job for Robots

I thought I should post something real instead of just a funny clip. I have been working on top secret stuff in the past few days, but it will all be revealed in the next few weeks.

The thing that has been consuming me as of late is the show. Ek! January 5th is the opening, and it has to be in and done on the 4th. This project is ever shifting and is in the process of doing so right now. My main problem, as I think I am learning, has been lack of editing. I have been focusing on installations and concepts and interconnectivity of artwork and in doing so lost the essence of what makes a piece great. Rabbit Logic was good partly because it was so pure. A simple composition, and just one visual trick.

After a great talk with Pat, I am now franticly editing down what I have done this semester and I think its going to come together. Its going to be close though, oh boy. The idea now is much more like Rabbit Logic than it has ever been before. But instead of pipkin I am now using my robot that I built for my external logic provider. How it navigates a space.

We will see how it all comes together, but at least I have a title! It is the subject of this post....

No comments: