Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Magic Lantern

I am home after a good night in the studio. I have been playing with lenses and am planing on making my own LCD magic lantern. The magic lantern was a device that was essentially a primitive slide projector that used handmade glass slides to project images. Mine would be the same, only instead of glass slides I would use LCD attached to a computer. Its idea! I have been having artists block for the past few months really. This whole apprenticeship feels like being a freshman again. All the structure that school had built in my life that I didn't really know was there is gone, and I guess I am building it up again for my self. Except uh-uho, I have a show in January! Lets hope the ideas flow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! One thing I've learned with you over the years is that once your artist's block breaks, the ideas start to flow. I can't wait to see where you go with this. Keep me posted.